Works as a roving plant operator to assist the Shift Supervisor in all phases of operations at the facility. Performs manual equipment operating and switching functions and monitors local operating conditions. Upon qualification, may fill in for Control Room Operator as needed.
- Assist operation of refuse pit bridge cranes as needed.
- Perform necessary actions to operate process systems in accordance with safety procedures, regulations, and permits.
- Generate work orders as needed.
- Assist or perform electrical switching.
- Check plant equipment to assure proper operation, etc.
- Assist in performing repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Take various system samples and perform analyses as directed.
- Maintain plant cleanliness.
- Operate various material handling equipment.
- Make fire/equipment rounds of plant as directed.
- Familiarize oneself with responsibilities and duties Control Room/Crane Operator.
- Maintain requisite operator licenses.
- Ensure waste pit management is implemented.
- Speak, read, write, and understand English.
- A Class “C” Maine vehicle license.
- Able to work in dangerous and sometimes adverse locations/environments.
- Possess complete knowledge of power plant equipment and systems.
- A State of Maine Boiler Operator High-Pressure License or higher.
- General knowledge of first aid methods and procedures.
- Possess required knowledge of Corporation policies.
- Excellent intrapersonal communication skills.
- High School degree.
- 2 years of power plant or equivalent work experience.